November 13 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Dinosaurs Roam the Big Screen on November 13!
Based on the 1990 novel of the same name, “Jurassic Park” stars Sam Neill, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum. Directed by Steven Spielberg, this blockbuster takes us to an island off Costa Rica where dinosaurs roam the earth. Paleontologist Dr. Alan Grant (played by Neill) and paleobotanist Dr. Ellie Sattler (played by Dern) are invited to the island to certify the safety of the dinosaur park before it opens to the public. With no shortage of recognizable supporting cast members or dinosaurs, this film is a delight of epic proportions.
“Jurassic Park” won three Academy Awards for its technical achievements in visual effects and sound design. It is considered a landmark in the development of computer-generated imagery and animatronic visual effects. The film has a 92% positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes and was inducted into the National Film Registry for its cultural, historical, or aesthetic significance in 2018. Following its 3D re-release in 2013 in celebration of the film’s 20th anniversary, it became the oldest film in history to surpass $1 billion in ticket sales.
- “Jurassic Park” plays Sunday, November 13 6 at the Bob Hope Fox Theatre.
- Doors open at 1:00 PM.
- Dave Moreno plays a live concert at the “Mighty” Morton organ at 1:30 PM.
- Our master of ceremonies, Matías Bombal announces the movie at 2 PM.
- Tickets are $12 for adults and $6 for children 12 and under. You can buy your tickets online in advance or purchase them at the door.
- We offer complimentary drinks and snacks, and a tour of the theatre after the film. Donations are greatly appreciated.
- Costumes welcome!
“Jurassic Park” is rated PG-13.