- This event has passed.
November 14, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This Veteran’s Day Weekend, Come Experience “Citizen Kane” the Way It is Meant to Be Seen!
“Citizen Kane” is a 1941 classic American drama produced and directed by Orson Welles. This quasi-biographical film explores the life of Charles Foster Kane (played by Welles), a media magnate based on William Randolph Hearst and Joseph Pulitzer, among others. After Kaine dies, reporters search to discover the meaning of his final word: ‘Rosebud’.
“Citizen Kane” was nominated for nine Academy Awards and won the Academy Award for Best Writing (Original Screenplay). It has a positive 99% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and is considered by many critics to be the greatest film ever made. It was selected by the Library of Congress as an inaugural inductee of 25 films for preservation in the National Film Registry. This is your chance to see “Citizen Kane” in a historic move palace – the venue for which the film was designed.
- “Citizen Kane” plays November 14 at the Bob Hope Fox Theatre.
- Doors open at 1:00 PM with live music in the lobby by Valli Celli 4tet and handmade artisans. San Joaquin County’s Child Abuse Prevention Council will be present to talk about their Adopt a Family Drive and CASA program.
- Dave Moreno plays a live concert at the “Mighty” Morton organ at 1:30 PM.
- Our master of ceremonies, Matías Bombal kicks off the movie at 2 PM.
- Tickets are $8 for adults and $4 for children and students with ID. Buy your tickets online now, or purchase them at the door.
- We offer complimentary drinks and snacks, and a tour of the theatre after the film. Donations are greatly appreciated.
“Citizen Kane” is rated PG.