A League of Their Own
September 18 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
There’s No Crying in Baseball on September 18!
Tom Hanks, Geena Davis, Madonna, Lori Petty, and Rosie O’Donnell, star as a cynical manager and his baseball players in this fictionalized account of the real-life All-American Girls Professional Baseball League. When World War II threatens to shut down Major League Baseball, team owners bankroll a women’s league, forming four teams. Jimmy Dugan (played by Hanks) manages the Rockford Peaches as they play their way to the World Series.
“A League of Their Own” was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $132 million. It has an 80% positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes and was inducted into the National Film Registry for its cultural, historical, or aesthetic significance in 2012, twenty years after its release.
- “A League of Their Own” plays on Sunday, September 18 at the Bob Hope Fox Theatre.
- Doors open at 1:00 PM.
- Dave Moreno plays a live concert at the “Mighty” Morton organ at 1:30 PM.
- Our master of ceremonies, Matías Bombal announces the movie at 2 PM.
- Tickets are $12 for adults and $6 for children 12 and under. Buy your tickets online now or at the door.
- We offer complimentary drinks and snacks, and a tour of the theatre after the film. Donations are greatly appreciated.
“A League of Their Own” is rated PG.